[vtk-developers] Dashboards

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Thu Dec 18 16:23:28 EST 2003

At 12/18/2003 03:39 PM, Ken Martin wrote:

>5) The "the compile warning line is too long to fit on my screen" pitfall.
>I've got two words for you "horizontal scrollbar" Most browsers support
>vertical scrolling without loosing the horizontal scroll position.

Sorry, but I soooo don't buy this one :) The infamous CMake effect, i.e.
"/This is a long directory name to figure out problems with CMake and other
things that are tested here/The kind of problems we are talking here are.
spaces in the [...] yadi yada happy happy joy joy" is a painful at best. I
mean, cmon, yeah I'm happy to test CMake for you, but as you said, I'm
already busy not fixing my warnings right now, so you are in my way, Mr
CMake. Look at this one:
http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Sites/andoria.kitware/Linux-gcc3.3.2/20031218-0300-Nightly/BuildWarning.html
In that case, I've got 4 words for you "horizontal scrollbar useless, doh".
Now I can feel 2.5 other words coming right to me "That's pants !",
followed by "And what do you propose ?".  I'd say eventually update Dart or
Ctest so that the HTML that is produced wrap the lines when they reach some
"are-you-nuts ? no I'm just testing CMake" number. Or use <P><TT> instead
of <PRE>, or something in that ballpark. Nothing fancy.

I agree with the rest, except for the ketchup and tomato references, which
I found very offensive for color-blind people like me. Think gray.

--
Sebastien Barre