[vtk-developers] Build error VTK CVS (vtkRenderer::GetLighting() ??)

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Mon Dec 15 03:54:15 EST 2003

Dear list,

I get the following error when trying to build current CVS:

/home/cpbotha/DoNotBackup/build/VTK/Rendering: building default_target
Building object file vtkOpenGLVolumeRayCastMapper.o...
/home/cpbotha/DoNotBackup/build/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx: In method `void vtkOpenGLVolumeRayCastMapper::RenderTexture(vtkVolume *, vtkRenderer *)':
/home/cpbotha/DoNotBackup/build/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx:138: no matching function for call to `vtkRenderer::GetLighting ()'
/home/cpbotha/DoNotBackup/build/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx:346: no matching function for call to `vtkRenderer::GetLighting ()'
/home/cpbotha/DoNotBackup/build/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx:393: no matching function for call to `vtkRenderer::GetLighting ()'
distcc[29010] ERROR: compile on localhost failed with exit code 1
make[3]: *** [vtkOpenGLVolumeRayCastMapper.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Rendering] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

This GetLighting() calls seem to be new, but I can't find ANY traces in
CVS of its addition.
"cvs -z3 diff -u -r 1.1 vtkOpenGLVolumeRayCastMapper | grep GetLighting"
doesn't yield anything.  In the VTK4 checkout, this call doesn't exist.
Grepping for "Lighting" in all .h and .cxx files doesn't give any
answers either, except for the calls to GetLighting().

Can anyone help with this?  The dashboard seems to be okay, which makes
me think that I've somehow managed to break my checkout.  It's not
urgent, I'm just wondering what happened here.

Thanks,
Charl