[vtk-developers] ARB - feature addition

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Fri Dec 12 06:21:18 EST 2003

At 01:14 PM 12/11/2003, John Biddiscombe wrote:

>yes. I'll start putting together a test/demo and then commit stuff soon.
>then you can at least try it out and we can go from there. The only catch is
>that mine expects the user to pop up and RGB dialog to colour individual
>points and that might be tricky as I'm not a tcl/tk whizz. (Sebastien? if
>you're reading this, how can I do fancy gui's in tcl/tk - is there a gui
>builder anywhere?)

Be careful here. We do not want any dependencies in the C++ code on any
external GUI. The best we can do is set up a sequence of event invocations
that we can later connect to a GUI. For example, select a handle which
invokes an event (e.g., SetPropertiesEvent). That event in turn can be
caught to create the GUI and eventually set the appropriate properties.

Will