[vtk-developers] VTK-Python testing: update.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Sep 11 13:01:14 EDT 2002

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the feedback.

    DJB> Prabhu, I would not try to wrap my brain around
    DJB> rtImageTest.tcl too much, it's pan..., err, I mean it is a
    DJB> bit tricky.  It was originally written to tease out the
    DJB> proper image from the VTK Tcl example code that was already
    DJB> in place.  As such, it really is a bit hairy, even for a Tcl

Oh ok. :)

    DJB> guru.  Rather I think going with a unit test package for
    DJB> Python is the best approach.  Multiple images per test are a
    DJB> fine idea.  In rtImageTest.tcl, multiple images per test
    DJB> pertain to multi-platform regression images, rather than
    DJB> multiple outputs.

Ok.  So I'll allow support for multiple images (since no one has
objected thus far).  I'll basically configure it so that the argument
to the script will be

  -V relative/path/to/img_dir/

and its the scripts responsibility to know the name of the image(s)
that it creates in that particular directory.

cheers,
prabhu