[vtk-developers] VTK-Python testing: update.

Blezek, Daniel J (Research) blezek at crd.ge.com
Wed Sep 11 08:37:58 EDT 2002

Prabhu,

  I would not try to wrap my brain around rtImageTest.tcl too much, it's pan..., err, I mean it is a
bit tricky.  It was originally written to tease out the proper image from the VTK Tcl example code
that was already in place.  As such, it really is a bit hairy, even for a Tcl guru.  Rather I think
going with a unit test package for Python is the best approach.  Multiple images per test are a fine
idea.  In rtImageTest.tcl, multiple images per test pertain to multi-platform regression images,
rather than multiple outputs.

  Writing the Python tests in a good JUnit style framework is a step in the right direction of
helping people come on board with Python.  Now we need the VTK/Java folks to step up to the plate!

-dan

--
Daniel Blezek, Ph.D.
blezek at crd.ge.com
Visualization and Computer Vision Lab, Imaging Technologies
GE Global Research Center