[vtk-developers] Re: [vtkusers] Modifications to vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper.cxx vtkOpenGLProperty.cxx

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Oct 29 22:17:04 EST 2002

hi,

    JB> Goodwin, + CC'ing this to the developers list.  Yes. The pixel
    JB> differences for wireframe are clear if you have a look at the

[snip]

    >> interest though. I wrote a vtkEPSWriter class to get some
    >> vector graphics for a thesis I should be writing up. I wanted
    >> wireframe backface culling enabled for the writer...
    >> thesis-writing procrastination in the extreme!

This is unrelated to the thread but the EPS writer sounds interesting
and should be *very* useful.  If all the wireframe, text and contour
related actors are put on a separate layer maybe that layer alone can
be saved in a vector graphic format and the other images left alone?
Is this possible?  If it is, then its obvious that this would be an
extremely useful class for anyone who wants to generate pictures for
papers, theses etc.

cheers,
prabhu