[vtk-developers] vtkRenderLargeImage reads from front buffer?

Michael Halle halazar at media.mit.edu
Tue Nov 12 18:25:43 EST 2002

I noticed today that vtkRenderLargeImage grabs its pixels from the
front buffer when it calls GetPixelData().  That means that the user
always sees the pieces of the large image being rendered.

I would think that a more reasonable behavior would be to save the
state of the RenderWindow's SwapBuffer bit, turn it off, render the
pieces of the large image (grabbing from the back buffer),  and the
restore the SwapBuffer bit.

Is there any reason not to do so?

Thanks.

Michael Halle