[vtk-developers] Unreachable code

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Tue May 7 08:59:56 EDT 2002

Hi All!

I switched VTK on Visual Studio 6 with option /W4 to Release and now we
are getting a lot of "warning C4702: unreachable code". Some of them are
in VTK classes, but there are several in expat, png, ... Assuming that
the warnings in VTK classes are valid and should be fixed, the ones in
Utilities are only clobbering the dashboard.

So, here are two options:

1. Do what I suggested to Dart people (Ignore warnings for
subdirectory).

2. Fix Utilities.

The problem with the second one is that some of the problems are only
problems when doing extreme optimizations.

Any suggestion?

			Andy Cedilnik