[vtk-developers] funding credits for contributions

Michael Halle halazar at media.mit.edu
Thu Mar 28 10:49:03 EST 2002

With a major center grant at Brigham coming up for renewal, I thought
of something that would be really great if "you" could add to the
attribution mechanism in vtk.

My work is funded under an NCRR grant.  The modules I've contributed
are essentially paid for by them.  Dissemination and code sharing are
important parts of the grant; advertising this promotion is helpful
in demonstrating the significant of the grant, making a case for
renewal, and continuing the contributions.

It would be great to have some way to reflect the generosity of
funding institutions somewhere for contributed code.

Michael Halle
mhalle at bwh.harvard.edu