[vtk-developers] development roadmap?

Roland Schwarz roland.schwarz at chello.at
Thu Mar 28 15:17:17 EST 2002

My apologies for intruding into this discussion,
for I am not a vtk developer yet, and beeing slightly OT.
Altough knowing about the existence of vtk since 1999, I have always been
wondering of how this project is organized. This is an enormous SW project
with an enormous output at a fast pace.

As you are just discussing 'roadmap' issues, I would like to state some
points which migh also be of interest:

1) As a user I occasionally had found a bug. And instead of complaining
fixed it and sent it first to the user list, later to this one. Hmmm,
nothing happened. What did I do wrong? I tried to read about: How to
contibute. -> Nothing that explained how to proceed. Is it correct to post
to the author of the code, as found in the CVS repository? Where do I find
e-mail adresses? Could this be a point for X-treme communication that the
CVS repository had a auhors link, say like:
mailto:vtk-developers at public.kitware.com?subject=vtkClassName

2) There is also no information, what are the preconditions of beeing
accepted as a developer. Would it be possible to expose the procedure to the
public?

Roland