[vtk-developers] development roadmap?

Andy Cedilnik Andy.Cedilnik at kitware.com
Wed Mar 27 08:37:57 EST 2002

>Would a single web page, something like a "Developers Page", with current
>version information, a road map, proposed changes, and pending changes, be
>something that might work? It sounds like we need information (maybe a
>variant of the style guide) which indicates the current process for
>creating a class.

I think we need a single page with three sections:

         1. In active development
                 Things that are being developed and who is responsible for
them
                 active development in this case means that somebody actually
                 wrote something.

         2. To be done someday
                 Things that somebody has an idea of doing but nobody actually
                 started working on them.

         3. Feature requests
                 Place where "general public" can write things that they want
                 to see in VTK.

This way, we can draw a road map of VTK as a average of 1 and 2, and people
can get ideas from number 3.

                         Andy