[vtk-developers] Note to all dashboard maintainers: please wipe out your build dirs (or cache)

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Wed Jun 19 15:14:16 EDT 2002

Hi

I've the feeling that some (or many) of the dashboards are not set up
correctly.

Can you please check that each night you wipe out either the whole build
dir or the CMakeCache.txt file.

Here is a example. The VTK_USE_FREETYPE option (i.e. build
Utilities/freetype|ftgl) was defaulting to OFF a couple of days while I was
going from one computer to another to manually test it (Win/Cygwin, HP/UX,
Sun, Solaris, Irix, Linux so far).

Yesterday I set the default value to ON to enable it on all platforms. Yet,
only 5 or 6 dashboards built the libs. I suspect that the others builds
still have this option set to OFF because the cache file has not been deleted.

Thank you.

--
Sebastien Barre