[vtk-developers] Re: ImagePermute and ImageReslice

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Sat Jun 15 17:30:22 EDT 2002

Hi Bill,

I've been planning this for a long time (and I remember that
you emailed me about it a year or so ago).

The vtkImageFlip conversion is easy, so I'll have that done this
weekend.

The vtkImageResample conversion will break some image tests, I suspect,
because the resulting pixel values will be very close but not identical.
I don't plan to tackle this one anytime soon, so if anyone wants to give
it a shot...

And converting other filters (the pad filters, vtkImageMagnify) will
result in a performance hit, so whoever converts them should benchmark
to see if the conversion is a good idea.  I don't have any time to do
this, unfortunately.

My next project will be probably be converting the vtkImageStencil stuff
into a kind of iterator, since it doesn't look like it will involve much
work but it will make stencils much easier to add to the filters that
have been converted over to iterators.

 - David