[vtk-developers] new vtkTextActor class and slight mapperchanges

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Wed Jun 5 11:00:51 EDT 2002

At 6/5/2002 10:54 AM, John Biddiscombe wrote:
>Sorry about that.
>
>One thing I ought to add. vtkActor2D uses diplay coordinates by default.
>vtkScaledTextActor uses Normalized viewport coords by default. If you do a
>search/replace and swap all ScaledTextActors for TextActors, you may need to
>add
>    PositionCoordinate->SetCoordinateSystemToNormalizedViewport();
>for completeness.

It would be better if both behave in the same way, for consistency, don't
you think so ? I mean, that's a bit painful now.

Furthermore, display coordinates are, *to my opinion*, more useful. In many
cases I've seen, you want for example your text to be 5 or 10 pixels below
the top of the window, no matter the size of that window (say, for example,
to display patients info). If you use normalized coords and resize the
window, your text will move...

What do you think ?

--
Sebastien Barre