[vtk-developers] copy Wrapping/Python, Wrapping/Tcl to VTKbin?

David Gobbi dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
Tue Jul 23 10:26:53 EDT 2002

Hi All,

But probably Prabhu and Seb the most, since they do most of
the Wrapping/Python and Wrapping/Tcl maintenance.

What do people think of copying the python modules and
tcl packages to VTKbin/bin (or perhaps VTKbin/python and
VTKbin/tcl) as part of the standard 'make' process?

The reason is that VTKbin really should contain everything
that is needed to run VTK, one VTK is built it would be
nice if Python and Tcl did not have to refer to the source.

Another reason is that when Python scripts are run, a '.pyc'
pre-compiled file is created in the VTK/Wrapping/Python directory.
Because I share my source directory between several platforms
this sometimes causes problems for me.

 - David