[vtk-developers] dancing fonts

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Mon Jul 22 11:00:51 EDT 2002

Hi David,

At 7/22/2002 10:46 AM, David Gobbi wrote:

>If the justification is handled by the FreeType libraries themselves
>then it is best to leave things as they are.  But if the justification
>is handled inside VTK, is there an easy way to fix this so that
>Centered justification doesn't cause dynamic labels to dance around?

The justification is handled inside VTK, the only info VTK requests from
FreeType is the bounding box of the text to render (which is then rendered
by FTGL+FreeType). Justification and text positioning is set within VTK. I
guess some rounding pb occurs. Are you using *only* numbers ? Can you send
me a script that would show this behaviour ?

Thanks

--
Sebastien Barre