[vtk-developers] [Update + bug-fix] RE: thanks field deleted
sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Thu Jan 31 17:57:24 EST 2002
I've modified the 'contributions' script.
A) The Bugs:
All right, I scr... up, two bugs were in the first version of the script:
- 'cvs log' does not report the number of lines of the revision 1.1
(initial checkin). So I had to figure it out. Believe it or not, it was not
- 'cvs log' reports *all revisions*. Including the branches, see what I
mean ? :) Thus, some entries were duplicated. 'cvs log -b' was the way to
go, but for sure I missed it :)
Sorry about that.
B) The changes:
- the script was only taking classes into account (i.e. vtk*.(cxx|h|mm files).
- these only represent about 1500 files, although there are almost 2400
files in the VTK distrib (200 of them being third-party libs like jpeg,
=> I cranked up that number to 2100 by extending the search to all files,
tests, scripts, etc. (i.e. almost everything excluding the 3rd party libs,
vtkVersion, pkgIndex.tcl files, lex/parsers files, etc.).
Compared to the previous 1500 files, this means +40% more juice, but only
+4% more revisions (42899 to 44369), since most of the work is done on
classes. If you consider the number of revisions really used (after removal
of the 'massive commits') this 4% drops to 3.3%.
Of course, the class headers are still updated (see each class online help)
with respective author's contribution.
+ misc. details.
C) The results:
The top ten has not changed *that* much.
- watch your back Will, Ken is not too far now.
- Bill Lorensen +2 (6th to 4th)
The "scripters" (Tcl, Perl, Python, Java) are boosted :)
- Prabhu +2 (0.01% to 0.04%, * 4 !)
- Seb at kitware +7, yeah I love that script (pitiful 0.3 % to miserable 1.76%)
Hope this is OK now. Should be.
Online and updated every night.
More information about the vtk-developers