[vtk-developers] Some changes related to DeepCopy..

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Fri Jan 18 12:02:09 EST 2002

Hi Folks-

I've made a couple of changes related to DeepCopy and want to give everyone
a heads up in case there is strange behavior. vtkPointSet was creating new
points not of the same type as what was being copied. Now MakeObject() is
used to produce the same type. vtkDataArray was using a generic float
interface to copy data arrays of different types (the subclasses handle
copying data of the same type). I added a doubly-templated process to do
the copying now. I also found that vtkIdTypeArray was not doing the
DeepCopy correctly when input and output types were the same type and was
falling back on the slow, generic float API. Now it uses memcpy and should
be faster.

Please let me know if you encounter anything strange.

Will