[vtk-developers] Libtiff in VTK and new CMake

Lorensen, William E (CRD) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Mon Feb 4 10:38:55 EST 2002

Andy,
I am having trouble building TK (and Insight) today. I did an update about 10m minutes ago. I have
updated and rebuilt CMake LatestRelease. Building with gcc on solaris I get:
g++  -g -fpermissive CellLocator.o  -L/home/lorensen/VTK-solaris/bin/ -lpthread -lthread -ldl -lm
-lvtkCommon -lvtkFiltering -lvtkGraphics -lvtkRendering -lGL -lXt  -lSM -lICE  -L/usr/openwin/lib
-R/usr/openwin/lib -lX11 -lXext -lsocket  -lnsl -lvtkImaging -lvtkGraphics -lvtkIO -lvtkFiltering
-lvtkCommon -lvtkpng -lvtkzlib -lvtkjpeg -lpthread -lthread -ldl -lm -lvtkCommon -lvtkFiltering
-lvtkGraphics -lvtkRendering -lGL -lXt  -lSM -lICE  -L/usr/openwin/lib -R/usr/openwin/lib -lX11
-lXext -lsocket  -lnsl -lvtkImaging -lvtkGraphics -lvtkIO -lvtkFiltering -lvtkCommon -lvtkpng
-lvtkzlib -lvtkjpeg -R/home/lorensen/VTK-solaris/bin/  -o /home/lorensen/VTK-solaris/bin/CellLocator
__eprintf                           /home/lorensen/VTK-solaris/bin//libvtktiff.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to /home/lorensen/VTK-solaris/bin/CellLocator
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[5]: *** [/home/lorensen/VTK-solaris/bin/CellLocator] Error 1
gmake[4]: *** [default_target] Error 2
gmake[3]: *** [default_target_Cxx] Error 2
gmake[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
gmake[1]: *** [default_target_Graphics_Testing] Error 2