[vtk-developers] IRC boycott?

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Tue Apr 23 12:48:00 EDT 2002

Hi Prabhu-

I understand your feelings. I'm sorry that we missed you.

What we do on some other projects is to pick a day and time on a regular
basis (say every two weeks or so) and whoever can show up, shows up. Once a
schedule gets established (with some gentle reminders on the developers
list) it works out pretty well. If no one shows up, nobody waits around. I
would chalk up this snafu to start up confusion: some of us have never used
the IRC chat stuff before, and really didn't know what to expect. And
anyway, if we were any good at communicating we wouldn't need to do this
IRC stuff..

Will