[vtk-developers] development roadmap?

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Tue Apr 2 14:50:54 EST 2002

At 4/2/2002 09:54 AM, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>    SB> And to be honnest, this auto-unzip feature is really one of
>     SB> the most nasty feature I've seen in a browser (since the
>     SB> extension of the file is kept for example).
>
>I'm sorry, I don't understand.  Does this mean that a .tar is
>preferred over a .tar.gz file?

No, it means that if you download a foo.tar.gz file, some web browser will
uncompress it on the fly but *still* store it as foo.tar.gz on your disk !

I have a "Medical Image Samples" page at:
http://barre.nom.fr/medical/samples/index.html
It drives me crazy every other day since I'm receiving tons of complains
from yahoos who do not understand that their browser has uncompressed the
file and there is no need to uncompress it again. I
hate this auto-uncompress feature.

--
Sebastien Barre