[vtk-developers] Re-organization of vtk Tcl packages

Blezek, Daniel J (CRD) blezek at crd.ge.com
Tue Sep 4 08:35:47 EDT 2001

Sebastian,

> >and dependant libs
> >vtk - loads all the kits, and colors.tcl, etc...
>
> After some thinking I guess :
>          vtk : should load libvtk*Tcl only. This looks more
> logical, don't
> you think so ?

  Yes, but perhaps vtk isn't the place for that, I had intended the vtk package to be the mother of
all vtk packages, and the only thing you need to require to use everything in vtk.  For beginners,
it's much easier to use "package require vtk" than to have to know what's in each of the packages.
However, since the "vtk" package largely consists of "package require" statements, we could break the
TkInteractor and WidgetTcl out into a new package.  In a separate issue, I wanted to make a
"vtktesting" package for testing specific procs, moving functionality from rtExamples(or whatever it
is called right now) into a package.

-dan