[vtk-developers] "contrib" and "local" in new tree

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Tue Oct 30 21:12:14 EST 2001

Hi Christopher,

I created a "Local" kit by adding the following text to my
LocalUserOptions.cmake file:

------------begin LocalUserOptions.cmake
OPTION (VTK_USE_LOCAL "Build the local directory classes")

IF (VTK_USE_LOCAL)
  INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${VTK_SOURCE_DIR}/Local)
  LINK_DIRECTORIES(${VTK_BINARY_DIR}/Local)
  SUBDIRS(Local)
  SUBDIR_DEPENDS(Local Hybrid)
  IF (VTK_WRAP_TCL)
    SUBDIR_DEPENDS(Wrapping/Tcl Local)
  ENDIF (VTK_WRAP_TCL)
ENDIF (VTK_USE_LOCAL)
-------------end LocalUserOptions.cmake

If the file "LocalUserOptions.cmake" exists in either the source
directory or the build directory, it will automatically be loaded
by CMakeLists.txt.

Apart from that, I also made a Local/CMakeLists.txt modelled
after Hybrid/CMakeLists.txt but with different classes and
dependencies.

I would not be opposed to a skeleton "Local" directory being added
to the VTK cvs.  It would serve as a template for people to follow.

 - David