[vtk-developers] "contrib" and "local" in new tree

Volpe, Christopher R (CRD) volpecr at crd.ge.com
Tue Oct 30 15:48:15 EST 2001

Ok, I've looked through many of the old messages in the list, and maybe I missed it, but I can't seem
to find any discussion of what happened to "contrib" and "local" from the old tree. I think some of
the contrib classes moved into hybrid, but local, which provided a convenient mechanism for
incorporating your own classes into vtk without co-mingleing them with classes under CVS control,
appears to have vanished. I've gotten a couple of alternative ideas from people (create a separate
project in a separate workspace, or modify the top level vtk cmake stuff to include a "local"
project) but I wanted to know if there's a "preferred" way to do things when it comes to stuff like
this. Feedback from people who themselves were using "local" and now have moved to an alternate
method would be particularly appreciated.

thanks,

Chris
> GE Corporate Research & Development

Christopher R. Volpe
Computer Scientist
Visualization and Computer Vision Program / Electronic Systems Lab
Bldg KW, Room C215
P.O. Box 8, Schenectady, NY 12301

(518) 387-7766, Dial Comm: 8*833-7766, Fax: (518) 387-6981
e-mail: volpecr at crd.ge.com    web: http://www.crd.ge.com/~volpecr