[vtk-developers] DoS Attack on public

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Oct 24 09:13:54 EDT 2001

Some of the VTK dashboard entries did not show up this morning because public is
under a ftp DoS attack. The attacking machines open as many ftp connection as
they can (30), denying connections to others. The IP address of the attacking
machines vary (maybe it is some kind of virus?) and I can do nothing but block
them one by one as they show up, If anybody can think a better solution, let me
know.

Also, it would be really nice if I could post this message ON the relevant
dashboards. About a month ago, I asked if implementing this was possible (like
the old dashboard), I didn't get any response from Dart developers.

-Berk