[vtk-developers] CMake. nightlies, RPMs etc.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Oct 1 16:32:09 EDT 2001

hi,

    SB> Hi At 9/30/2001 11:07 AM, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
    >>  (3) CMake itself seems to support no command line arguments.
    >> I can't even do $ cmake --version.

    SB> It supports -H, -B options and some others, have a look at
    SB> cmake.cxx I tought they were documented...

Yeah, you are right, --help (as Bill Hoffman pointer out does work).
I should have looked at the source.

    >> (1) What version of VTK is this?

    SB> Definitely 3.x 3.2 was the last release.  3.3 is actually the
    SB> nightly release but there has not been any 3.3 release and
    SB> probably won't be.  4.0 has not been released yet.

Umm. I downloaded the nightly Python executable and found that the
files in the directoru didnt match the vtk 3.x tree at all and had
files like Wrapping/Python/*.py etc.  So I am a little confused. Has
the file structure changed in vtk 3.3?

    SB> I'm in charge of public.kitware.com now and I'll update this
    SB> site asap.

That would be great! Thanks.

prabhu