[vtk-developers] CMake. nightlies, RPMs etc.

Blezek, Daniel J (CRD) blezek at crd.ge.com
Mon Oct 1 10:54:58 EDT 2001

> >Nightlies page:
> >^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> >The VTK web pages mention a nightly set of RPMs etc.
> >
> >http://public.kitware.com/vtkhtml/getSoftwareNightly.html
> >
> >     (1) What version of VTK is this?
>
> Definitely 3.x

  The nightly RPM's are built on a RedHat 6.2 system, with the 3.x version of the code.  We only have
one 7.1 system, and it's fairly busy doing other things, so it may be a while before we can find
another machine.  We do have some systems coming in late October that I can use to build RPMs.

> >   What version of Python, Tcl/Tk,
> >   Java are necessary for the Windows and Linux RPMs?
>
> Same as 3.x.

  They are the versions that ship with RedHat 6.2.

> >    (3) How did you build the RPMs?  The vtk 4.0 tree has a
> >     spec file and patch that will not work for the tree.
>
> It has not been updated, this has to be done by someone. :)

It actually shouldn't be that hard, part of the RPM process is the "magic" patch that sets things to
build correctly.  The CMakeCache.txt file will be part of that.  The spec file contains the patch, so
it won't work on every system without some tweaking.  I'll try and make time to start doing this,
when CMake and VTK settle down(i.e. at 4.0 release time).

-dan