[vtk-developers] selecting arrays

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 17:16:46 EST 2001

Here I do

SetFieldArray("DiffractionLossdBuV/m") or similar name
when appropriate, but if this field doesn't exist it uses GetActiveScalars
instead.

Filters which operate on Vectors. (I only have two) use the exact same
procedure, except they default to GetActiveVectors()...

If I have one which operates on both scalars and Vectors, I'll need to rethink!

I would not add it to a subclass because it would be better to tailor
filters to the type of data they operate on, though a
vtkPolyDataToPolyDataScalarOperationFilter(yikes!)
subclass sounds nice!
and a
vtkPolyDataToPolyDataVectorOperationFilter(yikes!)
has a ring to it...

I Believe the correct expression over there is my $0.02 worth.

JB
[the above two long name suggestions are not serious]