[vtk-developers] style : Holiday greetings and a present of VTK4.0

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Thu May 24 19:33:06 EDT 2001

At 24/05/2001 19:23, David Gobbi wrote:
>On Fri, 25 May 2001, Sebastien BARRE wrote:
>
> >[on the subject of tabs]
> > Well, I don't mind tabs as longs as they are every 4 chars, which is my
> > settings in Emacs.
>
>Actually, the 'tab' character in emacs always corresponds to 8-char
>tab stops,

Given the fact that my .emacs is 80 Ko large, you can guess that if I tell
you that my tab stops are 4 chars large, this is the truth :) And I even
don't have to deploy my elisp talent to do that :) :

(setq-default tab-stop-list
               '(4 8 12 16 20 24 28 32 36 40 44 48 52 56 60 64 68 72 76 80))

...for example.

> >[on the subject of whitespace]
> > I definitely support that, this is lacking in many VTK source files. I'm
> > trying to add some blank lines from time to time, without being caught :)
>
>What's the point of being sneaky about it, if you're telling us now! ;)

I'd deny anyway :) I've prepared a Perl script to remove all my blank
lines, don't push me :)