[vtk-developers] Re: [Cmake] RE: [Insight-developers] Changes toCMake

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue May 22 08:59:22 EDT 2001

There is no way to know what is in the cache until you process ALL the CMakeList.txt
files.   Since the generation process is not that long, it is done twice.  We could
leave out the generation, and just parse the files, but I really don't think it would
make that much difference in the time it takes to run.  On unix, the depends are not
generated on the first pass that generates the cache.  On windows with the dsp files,
we don't compute depends, so it is the same both ways.

-Bill