[vtk-developers] vtknew tree and testing / examples

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Wed Jun 27 15:16:55 EDT 2001

At 27/06/2001 14:18, David Gobbi wrote:

>In fact, if an 'example' breaks even  though none of the 'tests' do, it
>suggests that a new 'test' is needed that specifically covers the broken
>portion of the example.

True.

>I have a very strong interest in making VTK more accessible to new
>users because I spend huge amounts time on VTK support.

Same for me ! I'm receiving private emails *every day*. The best I can do
at that time is to forward these users to the mailing list, and I guess
that's the same for David, unless we find some time or when it's directly
specific to our topic.

>Clearly
>separating 'tests' from 'examples' will certainly be a help.

Definitely.

>Massive
>improvements to the VTK API and documentation would also help, but
>we all have limited time... many thanks to Sebastien for his outstanding
>efforts!

Thanks. But I just can't allocate enough time to improve the documentation
scripts, for example. Maybe at the end of this year :)

I know that my "VTK Links" page is also read very often, and I'll overhaul
it before the end of the summer to allow anyone to put links much more easily.