[vtk-developers] vtknew tree and testing / examples

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Wed Jun 27 14:45:55 EDT 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

> Personally, I frequently grep on the examples to see how a particular
> class has been used.  Sometimes I have to cd to a different directory
> to do that (but that isnt so hard).  Going by the number of times
> questions on how to use vtkFooClass questions crop up on vtkusers,
> lots of users dont seem to use grep. :(

I see many more questions of 'how do I do this in VTK' than questions
of 'how do I use this class,' hence my desire to see things sorted by
theme.  Many people don't know what class to use, so grepping through
the examples doesn't help!  Something like Sebastien's linked example
images helps a lot.

 - David