[vtk-developers] vtkParse.y seems to work okay.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Jun 18 13:36:05 EDT 2001

hi,

    SB> Is it me or is it also crashing on Windows platform ? Here is
    SB> the vtknew build :

Well, the dashboard seems to be working fine.  John Biddiscombe also
seemed to have built it okay under BC.  So I am not really sure.
Maybe you should look and see if you have alloca.h somewhere if you do
maybe you need to #define MSDOS or edit vtkParse.tab.c and fix alloca
(look around line no. 571).

It seems that all this happened because I had to use bison 1.22 to
compile vtkParse.y.  How was the previous (i.e. before my changes)
vtkParse.tab.c produced?  Right now i am unable to obtain CVS access
(I get connection refused errors) so I cant look at the logs.  The
readme says that yacc was run on RedHat Linux 5.2 on 1/14/2000 but
that seems a bit too dated.  If someone does remember how the previous
versions of vtkParse.tab.c were produced could you let us know and if
possible try to create a new vtkParse.tab.c?

thanks,
prabhu