[vtk-developers] Some new regression tests and related changes

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Mon Jun 4 10:48:41 EDT 2001

Hi Folks-

I've checked in several regression tests (and images) that have to do with 3D cell clipping.

clipHex.tcl
clipTet.tcl
clipWedge.tcl
clipPyramid.tcl
orderedTriangulation.tcl

Bill: They may need machine-dependent regression test images.

I also found that vtkDataSetTriangleFilter did not work properly for unstructured grids. There was another problem in that the data file uGridEx.vtk had a degenerate tetrahedron. I modified the data file and checked it into vtkdata/. I added the vtkOrderedTriangulation class to do the 3D cell triangulation. It works fine but is slower (if any one is using it).

There is an outstanding issue in that the vtkOrderedTriangulation class leaks memory. I was planning on doing some fancy in-place memory allocation, but since I have no time for a little while, I'll try to get something simple in.

Will