[vtk-developers] VTK_USE_PNGLIB + questions

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Tue Jul 31 08:43:36 EDT 2001

Good Morning,

Now that we are moving to the new tree it is worthwhile for developers
to start taking a look at

http://public.kitware.com/vtkhtml/Testing/HTML/TestingResults/Dashboar
d/MostRecentResults-Nightly/Dashboard.html

we will make a shorter link to this page at some point soon. This is
the new dashboard for VTK and is useful to see the state of the
system. It is still a bit rough but we are working on fixing it up.

> Warning. I've added an option VTK_USE_PNGLIB to cmakelists
> for vtknew as
> not all of use windows users have MSVC and the lib file
> included is a
> binary msvc lib.

We will be switching to a source version of libpng. Bill Hoffman has
made CMakeList files for it (and zlib) we just haven't integrated it
in yet. I removed the USE_PNG option and will add in the source tree
later today.

- Thanks
- Ken