[vtk-developers] New vtk CVS tree

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Mon Jul 16 15:22:49 EDT 2001

At 16/07/2001 15:10, Lorensen, William E (CRD) wrote:
>Please leave the old tree called vtk. It will be very disruptive here if
>the name is changed...

I think that too. What I mean is not that it's a lot disruptive for me :),
but I've been using vtknew for some time, and it's still a bit "fresh" to
me. For example: Tcl support is not 100% ready for Unix/Linux platform,
Python has *not* been tested, what about Java ?

My opinion : vtknew, and still symlinks between old and new (until we reach
4.0 ?).