[Cmake] Re: [vtk-developers] [bug] wrong CMAKE_COMMAND (win32)

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Fri Aug 31 14:06:02 EDT 2001

Hi Bill,

At 31/08/01 13:17, William A. Hoffman wrote:

>The generator is the place where cmake must be platform specific, and the
>microsoft compiler
>normally accepts the UNIX paths, so the are used there.  So, it is up to
>the generator to convert the paths as needed from the format used by cmake
>internally.  If TLIB has trouble with /, then the borland generator should
>do the conversion.

Looks OK to me.

>Thanks for the bug report on Windows 98, I don't think we have tried that yet.

I wish I never use Win98 too, indeed :)

>It would seem to behave
>different than windows 2000 and NT which are able to launch the command
>with the unix style paths.

Definitely, I had no such pb with W2K or NT.

>So, Sebastien, I guess you are saying that the windows generator needs to
>convert all  paths back to windows style before outputting and commands
>that need to be run as custom commands.
>So, I would not add an ifdef , but rather just change the cmDSPWriter.cxx
>to change all executable commands to windows style before output.   I
>would use the CleanUpWindowsPaths  function John wrote.

OK, thanks. I've just sent a message where I tried with #ifdef throughout
the whole distrib, but it's a nightmare to track, and it's definitely a
poor style. Nevertheless, there are some ConvertToUnixPath call that are at
least redundant.

I'll come up with a different solution, focusing on cmDSPWriter.

Thanks

P.S: I've also encountered an "Out of environment space" problem, and I
wish it won't ruin my day too (as the /E trick in config.sys won't help).