[vtk-developers] FlyTo keypress-f addition to vtkInteractorStyle

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Thu Aug 30 15:21:05 EDT 2001

Hi Folks-

I added a keypress-f event to vtkInteractorStyle. This involved a couple of changes to vtkRenderWindowInteractor() as well. Pressing f causes a pick to find the x-y-z under the cursor, then the focal point is moved over a series of frames (vtkRenderWindowInteractor::NumberOfFlyFrames) and simultaneously zoomed (I meaned dolly'ed) (vtkRenderWindowInteractor::SetDolly()). The end result is that the point under the cursor when 'f' is picked is in the center of the renderer viewport and the view has optionally been dolly'ed depending on the Dolly setting. Because this is done in vtkInteractorStyle, both trackball and joystick interaction styles inherit this behavior.

Yes, Bill, I did add a test (TestFlyTo.tcl).

Let me know if there are any issues.

Will