[vtk-developers] VTK on OSX/iMAC

Jon Harald Kaspersen Jon.H.Kaspersen at unimed.sintef.no
Fri Apr 6 05:47:31 EDT 2001

Hi again Yves,

I have installed OSX (4K78) on my home-mac (an iMac SE).  I also
installed Python2.0.
Then I compiled your VTK version and I almost got through the make
procedure.  The problem seems to be the generation of the
vtkpython.so dynamic library.  Since the iMac don't have G4 processor
and therefore no altivec support,  I had to change the compiler flags
to USER_CFLAGS=-g -O2 and USER_CXXFLAGS=-g -O2.  Are there any G4
(altivec) link specific flags that need to be changed for other macs
without a G4 processor?

Regards
Jon
Dr. Jon Harald Kaspersen	Tel: 	+47 73 59 75 89
SINTEF Unimed - Ultralyd	Pager	+47 96 84 29 94
N-7034 Trondheim		Fax: 	+47 73 59 78 73
NORWAY			e-mail:	Jon.H.Kaspersen at unimed.sintef.no