[vtk-developers] renderer-based camera light tracking checked in

Michael Halle halazar at media.mit.edu
Wed Aug 23 12:15:17 EDT 2000

Hey,

I checked in the changes to add improved light/camera tracking to
vtkRenderer.

I believe the changes to be backward compatible, since I didn't change
any of the code in the interactors.  So, to use the improved tracking,
new code should turn OFF the interactor's LightFollowCamera flag and
let the renderer handle the tracking.  The Tk interactors in
examplesTcl don't have a way to turn off tracking, so the first light
instanced will always be a headlight (but will be rendered incorrectly
only if the user specified it as a CameraLight, which won't happen in
legacy code).

I also haven't hacked any rendering code outside of vtk*Renderer to
use vtkLight::GetTransformedPosition() and FocalPoint(), so code
that used GetPosition() and GetFocalPoint() won't work correctly
with lights that are CameraLights (Headlights and SceneLights work).
Since a change in lighting behavior could possibly botch all the
regession tests, I don't want to wack too much at once :)

I also added a new test, CameraLights.tcl / CameraLights.py, that
demonstrates the new functionality.

							--Mike