[vtk-developers] #include "vtkToolkits.h"

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Fri Aug 11 09:03:24 EDT 2000

At 01:40 PM 8/11/00 +0100, John Biddiscombe wrote:
> >It is generated by pcmaker or configure from vtkToolkits.h.in
>
>Thanks. I might be wrong, but surely I'm not the only person who doesn't
>use pcmaker or other (supplied) configure utility to build vtkdll. Since
>pcmaker overwrites it in any case, probably a default vtkToolkits.h file
>with a message inside warning the unsuspecting would be in order. N'est pas?

The problem is that vtkToolkits.h is created, and so it is in vtkbin, it
cannot be created in the source code tree because the source code tree may
not be writable.  A default vtkToolkits.h would be in the source tree,
which means we would end up with two vtkToolkits.h which creates an issue
of how to make sure the correct one gets included all the time.  My first
attempt had default versions of this file and it created problems so I had
to take it out.