[vtk-developers] Re: Some documentation...

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Wed Aug 2 07:59:59 EDT 2000

Hi Hank-

At 04:05 PM 8/1/00 -0700, Hank Childs wrote:

>Sure.  I wanted to make sure I hadn't broken too much with the transparent
>renderers before I sent a note out saying it was "ready".

Good thinking, avoids excessive embarrassment :-)

>Also, one last thing.  What are the odds against some shameless
>self-promotion and putting a LLNL logo as a .tif as part of your vtkdata
>package?  This layered renderers stuff really lends itself to putting an
>image in the background and I thought that maybe I could give the Labs
>some credit when I put together my next example file (which has to do with
>putting tifs in the background in a tiled format).

I'm all for it, I'd love to see how what you've done works.

Question- would it be possible to do something like this: have two renderers, one that
renders are really large set of data (10million polygons) and is static, and one with a
small dataset, maybe some sort of manipulator, that changes frequently. I'd like to be
able to do this to, for example, edit large polygonal meshes at interactive rates.

Will