[Viame] Recent additions to Kwiver

Linus Sherrill linus.sherrill at kitware.com
Thu Sep 29 10:23:03 EDT 2016

I recently pushed up some changes/improvements to the Kwiver package. These
changes include:
- Adding a CvRect <-> bounding_box converter. This is available if Kwiver
is built with OpenCV.
- Added detection index, detector name, and mask image to the detected
object class.
- Added UUID data type and associated data and port traits.
- Add conversion methods to Python image converter to return numpy array
(get_numpy_array()), and to return OCV format image (get_ocv_image()).
- Cleaned up image_file_name and image_file_path confusion. Now there is
only the trait image_file_name which contains the full filename with path.
Having two data types was confusing and did not provide any value.
- Image reader process now outputs a timestamp. The frame values are
sequential and the time is based on the configured inter-frame interval.
- Frame list process not has a path option to allow file names read from
the input file to be resolved against the path rather than requiring the
file name to be fully specified. This allows for easier relocation of image
file lists.

I have had some problems running pipelines with Matlab enabled. The basis
of the problem is that Matlab supplies a set of boost libraries which are
from a different and incompatible version than we build in fletch. Putting
the Matlab library directory at the end of the LD_LIBRARY_PATH seems to
solve the problem.

--
*Linus Sherrill - *Staff R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.