[Viame] Software Updates

Matt Dawkins matt.dawkins at kitware.com
Fri Sep 16 14:45:57 EDT 2016

Matlab is slightly different than C/C++, but there are a few examples down
in: packages/kwiver/arrows/matlab/example_*

Make sure you are building with VIAME_ENABLE_MATLAB=ON   (We also just
pushed a few updates for this today, as the flag was broken with CMake
versions less than 3.3, so now it enforces you have at least 3.3)

You mostly just need to write a .m file that takes inputs and outputs in
the right format, such as in the examples. Then you can make a viame matlab
process in a .pipe file that points to this .m file.

We'll be covering this a bit more during the workshop next week, but the
summary for making a new matlab code plugin would be to:

1) Make a new git branch for your code (in [viame_source]: git checkout -b
[branch_name])
2) Create a name for your plugin [your_plugin_name]
3) Make directory [viame_source]/plugins/[your_plugin_name]
4) If you have an external repository (git, svn, etc.) where you want to
manage your own code, there are a few ways to add it to the build (can send
you slides on this in a little bit). If not, add all your code to your
[your_plugin_name] directory in VIAME.
5) Add an enable flag for your plugin like the others in the attached
powerpoint
6) Create a matlab function interface for your detector (a function in the
right format see above examples)
7) Create a pipeline file pipelines/[your_plugin_name].pipe which points to
your main .m file
8) Commit all changes to your git branch

Matthew Dawkins
1-518-881-4416
Senior R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc