[Viame] Upcoming Hackathon

Keith Fieldhouse keith.fieldhouse at kitware.com
Wed Sep 14 05:19:11 EDT 2016

Good Morning,

I just a little less than a week we'll be gathering for the first VIAME
hackathon in Seattle.  We're looking forward to work with all of you to
help VIAME become the best possible tool for the community.

We've recently added more details to the hackathon agenda at
https://docs.google.com/a/kitware.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZKA2hrp5beDfb9vVwdRuesfOH3o0DDLWVjlhcAx1LQ0/edit?usp=sharing
(please let us know if you can't access it).   Along with the usual
administrative blocks, the event is organized into two core block types.
 "Sessions" will start with a short presentation of a particular VIAME
topic followed by a Q&A session.  The remaining time will be taken up by
open hacking.  The "Datasets and Challenges" blocks will start with a
presentation by one of the participating groups about the data and
analytics that they are working with and their expected work with VIAME.

To this end we'd like to ask the participating groups to prepare 2 bits of
material for the hackathon and be prepared to present them to the group:

   1. An updated version of the Quad chart used for the "Day 0 Kickoff"
   teleconference.  This should include an update on your progress working
   with VIAME.  We'll present these in the "Structure and Goals" block on Day
   1.
   2. A presentation detailing and describing the data sets that you are
   working with, the analytics you are working with now and expect to in the
   future and any software modules or systems that you work with now or plan
   to work with.  Also, please summarize your expectations and plans relating
   to VIAME

Also, please remember to bring representative data to share and work with
during the hackathon.  We're brining a small sharing network with storage
to facilitate data and code interchange during the hackathon.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Keith

--
Keith Fieldhouse