[Viame] VIAME build error

Linus Sherrill linus.sherrill at kitware.com
Wed Aug 31 18:35:56 EDT 2016

Judging from your original report of (log: Protocol "https" not supported
or disabled in libcurl)

the problem may be with the cmake you are using. Usually the cmake that
comes with a system distribution has SSL disabled. I have this problem
every time a new version is released. You can build a new cmake from
downloading the sources from
https://cmake.org/files/v3.6/cmake-3.6.1.tar.gz

When building thew new cmake, enter the commands

$ ./bootstrap
$ make"
$ cmake -DCMAKE_USE_OPENSSL=ON
$ make
$ make install (if desired)

The problem is that the default cmake options do not include building with
OPENSSL which is needed to download external packages using https:
protocol. The above commands make a new version of cmake with OPENSSL
enabled.

A fix has been pushed up that corrects the protobuf download URL.

HTH
-Linus

E: linus.sherrill at kitware.com
P: 518.881.4400