[Ves] problems building ves for android

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Wed May 20 12:19:48 EDT 2015

Hi Mir,

We have stopped making improvements to VES code at this point. At some
point in near future, we may be able to provide more information on it but
in the meantime, you can checkout VTK code (master) which comes with a
example Android app.

- Aashish

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 6:43 PM, Mir Ikram Uddin <ikramuddinmiu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I tried visiting the page you mentioned below, it asked me to create an account, I went ahead and did that, and now it tells me You are not allowed to see this post.
>
> Can you help me out here? I have the same issue.
>
> My simple research shows that the procedure to setup VES has been updated but the docs are not. I can really use your help here.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mir
>

> Hi Walter,
>
> Have a look at this post we just published:http://www.kitware.com/blog/posts/view/642. Make sure you use Android 8 for
> now.
>
> Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

> >*  Hello Aashish,
> *>>* I have the same problem when trying to build the *KiwiViewer* using the
> *>* following instructions:
> *>* http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VES/Download_And_Build_Instructions <http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VES/Download_And_Build_Instructions>
> *>>* $ cd Apps/Android/Kiwi
> *>* $
> *>* $ # if android, adb, ant, or cmake are not in your PATH, edit tools.sh to enter the correct paths
> *>* $
> *>* $ ./configure_cmake.sh
> *>* $ ./configure_ant.sh
> *>* $ ./compile.sh
> *>>*  No scripts can be found in *Apps/Android/Kiwi*
> *>>* You wrote to Jamie:
> *>>* Let me send you a  PDF (or we may just publish this document) that
> *>* describe the new process.
> *>>* Is this PDF publicly available yet, or can you send it to me ?
> *>>>* Regards,
> *>* Walter*
>

> --
> Mir

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*