[Ves] problems building ves for android

Mir Ikram Uddin ikramuddinmiu at gmail.com
Sat May 2 18:43:51 EDT 2015

Hey All,

I tried visiting the page you mentioned below, it asked me to create
an account, I went ahead and did that, and now it tells me You are not
allowed to see this post.

Can you help me out here? I have the same issue.

My simple research shows that the procedure to setup VES has been
updated but the docs are not. I can really use your help here.

Thanks,

Mir

Hi Walter,

Have a look at this post we just
published:http://www.kitware.com/blog/posts/view/642. Make sure you
use Android 8 for
now.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 4:13 AM, Walter Schmeing <w.schmeing at
vissoft.de <http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/ves>>wrote:

>*  Hello Aashish,
*>>* I have the same problem when trying to build the *KiwiViewer* using the
*>* following instructions:
*>* http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VES/Download_And_Build_Instructions
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VES/Download_And_Build_Instructions>
*>>* $ cd Apps/Android/Kiwi
*>* $
*>* $ # if android, adb, ant, or cmake are not in your PATH, edit
tools.sh to enter the correct paths
*>* $
*>* $ ./configure_cmake.sh
*>* $ ./configure_ant.sh
*>* $ ./compile.sh
*>>*  No scripts can be found in *Apps/Android/Kiwi*
*>>* You wrote to Jamie:
*>>* Let me send you a  PDF (or we may just publish this document) that
*>* describe the new process.
*>>* Is this PDF publicly available yet, or can you send it to me ?
*>>>* Regards,
*>* Walter*

--
Mir