[Tomviz] tomviz reconstructions publication quality

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Aug 13 16:38:53 EDT 2018

Hi Linford,

PNG is a good format to export the 3D view, Export Screenshot in 1.4.0
offers a resolution, and a choice of palette. Transparent can be great for
integrating into larger figures, and PNG is an ideal format in my opinion.

I would increase the resolution, but for things like volume rendering,
surfaces, etc it is not easy to export to a vector-based format you might
want to use in Illistrator, but with a high resolution raster rendering
with a transparent background you should be able to make it work.

I hope that helps, you likely want to push above the default resolution
(and we should probably increase that a little).

Thanks,

Marcus