[Rtk-users] Lateral blur in a FDK reconstructed volume

Vincent Libertiaux vl at xris.eu
Tue May 10 14:06:24 UTC 2022

On 25.04.22 09:07, Simon Rit wrote:
> Hi Vincent (and Jasper),
> I agree with Jasper that this is most likely due to a difference in
> geometric calibration between the two datasets. Do you have more
> information on what does B use (projection matrices, detailed
> parametrization, etc.)? I think that such a blur can be caused by a
> difference in source to detector distance (or, equivalently, detector
> pixel size).
> Simon
>
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 11:08 AM Vincent Libertiaux <vl at xris.eu> wrote:
>
>     On 16.04.22 13:52, Jasper Albertus Nijkamp wrote:
>     > Hi Vincent,
>     >
>     >  From just these two images, it is a bit hard to help. However,
>     I have seen similar challenges when the detector vertical offset
>     is not properly set. If you could share a bit more data (fx
>     projection data and the geometry), more people might be able to help.
>     >
>     > Jasper
>     >

Hi Simon, hi Jasper.

I have investigated a bit more on that issue.  I told you in my first
message that both software we used besides rtk found the same set of
parameters.  After playing a bit more with the software "B" (the one
that gives the sharp edges), I found out that the tilt angle is found to
be 0 and it is the out-of-plane angle around the vertical axis of the
detector which is non zero (and very coincidentally is very close to the
tilt angle we computed).  The value is quite low (0.025°).  I am a bit
puzzled as, if I am not mistaken, the literature always assumes that
both out of plane angles are negligible as long as they don't come close
2°.  We are two order of magnitude below this value, hence my surprise.

I am also wondering if this angle can be introduced in the rtk
geometry.  From the doc (http://www.openrtk.org/Doxygen/DocGeo3D.html),
it seems that only the out-of-plane angle around the detector horizontal
axis is considered.  Is that correct ?  If yes, is there a way to model
the other one with the available parameters ?

Once again, thank you for any help you can provide.

Kindest regards,

Vincent